Competitions are usually run on Facebook or through JJ’s Quarterly Newsletter. General Terms and Conditions for book prizes are included below.
Terms and Conditions for a first edition, print copy book, signed by the author, Jacinta Jade.
- The promoter is Jacinta Jade Books whose registered office is in Melbourne, Australia.
- The competition is open to residents of Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Canada and New Zealand, aged 15 years or over except employees of Jacinta Jade and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition, but you must LIKE the Jacinta Jade Author Facebook page to be in for a chance to win the copy and stay liking the page until the competition closes.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook.
- Only one entry (LIKE) will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be midnight 25 May 2018. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- like Jacinta Jade Author Facebook page.
- (if required, respond/engage with FB post question)
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: free print copy of Jacinta Jade’s specified novel in the Change Series, signed by the author. The copy will be sent to the winner if an address is provided by the winner within 24 hours of close of competition. Winners will be listed on the Jacinta Jade Facebook page by 27 May 2018.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
14. The winner will be announced on Jacinta Jade’s Facebook page within hours of the closing time of the competition. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available within five days after the close of the competition and will be announced on Jacinta Jade Author facebook page.
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Some additional Terms and Conditions which you might wish to include if relevant:
- Jacinta Jade Book’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- The entrant must have Liked Jacinta Jade Author page on Facebook and stayed Liked by close of the competition.
- Jacinta Jade Books shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Jacinta Jade Books also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.